Please note that Artable refers out all of our weekly classes to local teachers. We specialise in 1 day WEEKEND WORKSHOPS for beginners in all mediums to give you the tools to get started in art or to gain some confidence before committing to a weekly class.
The description below applies to our weekend LEARN TO WATERCOLOUR workshops.
Wonderful for those looking for a new hobby involving colour no matter whether you want to paint landscapes, flowers, portraits , still life and more....
This is a beginner course for those keen to learn how to use watercolour.
You will learn:
- How to mix and use colour to it's maximum effect
- The importance of white paper and space
- Which papers to use and what the difference in pricing means for the end result
- Brushes, masking fluid and other tools of the trade
- The importance of layering and how to best use paint to create a 'glow'
- How to pick good compositions
- Easy tips and tricks for drawing up regardless of whether you are a good drawer or not
lesson pay as you go
term 10-week term
To enquire about this class, call on 0411 317 606 or Send Denise Scott an email
Meet the Teach
Denise Scott's passion for watercolour is proof it is never too late to start learning! After joining an art class for the first time only 12 years ago without being able to "draw a straight line", Denise has developed her love for watercolour into a full time passion.
Denise trained in the art of pure watercolour and passes these skills along with a deep seated belief that 'anyone can learn' onto her students. Denise's stunning artworks hang in private collections around Australia and her love of travel has allowed her to hone her painting skills both in Australia and overseas.
As soon as I walked into the Kingscliff Arts Studio I felt at home. Gillian gave me a huge smile, Denise the watercolour teacher was fantastic, if only I could take the mixed media, acrylics and oils classes too.Pete Goodlet - Student
Can't make weekly classes? Join a weekend workshop instead!Workshops →